Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
As Christian mamas the one thing we want more than anything is for our littles to grow up to love Jesus. It’s our job to teach them about Jesus and encourage them to have a relationship with Him. It’s also our job to teach our kids character and help them grow a rock solid faith. We must gently help them to know that while they are not perfect they serve a God who is.
Do a few intentional things each day to help grow a love for Jesus in your children . Here are five ways to help your babies love the Lord.
1. Read each day to your child from a children’s bible. I love Sarah Young’s Jesus Calling Bible Storybook.
2. Pray often with your children. Try praying scripture with them. Pick a verse and use the words to pay for your kids.
3. Sing worship songs with – and over – your children. Seeds Family Worship is a fun way to sing worship songs and learn bible verses at the same time.
4. Point out God’s creation to your child. For example show your kiddo a rainbow and tell the story of Noah. Point out a mountain and share how amazing God is for creating that.
5. Spend time each day reading your bible, praying, and having your own quiet time. Let your child see you do this. They can even sit quietly with you if that works for you. It’s important that they see your time with God is a priority to you.
You knit my precious baby together in my womb. You know him better than anyone. You even know the number of hairs on his sweet head. Lord help me to lead my child to You and to grow a joyful love and faith in you Lord Jesus. Thank you for creating and loving my child.
This post contains affiliate link(s).